You can make a difference
If you are passionate about agriculture and want to help children understand the importance of farms, we need you!
Our Ag in the Classroom (AITC) presentations reach about 3,500 students in about 150 classrooms each year… but only with the help of volunteers. 1st-4th grade AITC presentations are delivered to classrooms in February. 5th grade presentations are conducted in late November through mid-December.
AITC Volunteer resources
- 1st-4th grade AITC Volunteer Information Sheet
- 1st-4th grade classroom requests (use this list to choose the classrooms you wish to visit)
- 1st-4th grade AITC Volunteer Checklist (updated checklist to be posted in January)
- Tips For Presenters
- 1st Grade – More Than A Seed Lesson Plan & Vocabulary
- 2nd Grade – From Cow To Ice Cream Lesson Plan & Vocabulary
- 3rd Grade – It’s An Earful Lesson Plan & Vocabulary
- 4th Grade – Mapping Illinois Agriculture Lesson Plan
- 5th Grade – Exploring STEM Careers Overview
- 5th Grade – Exploring STEM Careers Lesson Plan
- Evaluation form for 1st-4th grade AITC Volunteers (online survey to be posted in January)
- Evaluation form for 5th grade AITC Volunteers (online survey to be posted in November)
Other Volunteer Opportunities
Would you like to help, but prefer working behind the scenes? We often have projects requiring lots of hands-on support, such as inventorying/organizing/assembling resource kits, or counting/cutting/bundling materials. Contact Rhodora at email@example.com for more information.