Students discover amazing ways Illinois agriculture connected to their own lives every day and use Illinois maps to locate fascinating ag-related sites across our state.
Ag in the Classroom presentations are delivered by volunteers throughout February. Find out more.
Let us know if we can improve! After your AITC presentation, please take a few moments to complete the evaluation.
- Vocabulary – key terms students may hear during the presentation
- Coming soon – how Mapping Illinois Agriculture meets the Illinois Learning Standards and Common Core State Standards
- A Look at Illinois Agriculture – fact sheet
- Apple Ag Mag – request a classroom set
- Beef Ag Mag – request a classroom set
- Corn Ag Mag – request a classroom set
- Pumpkin Ag Mag – request a classroom set
- Seasons Ag Mag – request a classroom set
- Specialty Crops Ag Mag – request a classroom set
- Urban Agriculture Ag Mag – request a classroom set
Resource Kits (available from DeKalb County Farm Bureau)
- Illinois Agriculture Charm – supplies to create a necklaces representing Illinois state symbols and agriculture
- Illinois mAGic Kit – this Multidisciplinary AGricultural Integrated Curriculum Kit contains three dozen lessons and a wealth of supporting resources
Lessons & Activities online
- ISAT Materials – designed to correlate with the Illinois Ag Mags and available for 4th and 6th grades
- The Very Hungry Illinois Caterpillar – follow the hungry caterpillar as he eats his way through Illinois agriculture; download instructions
- More Scrambled States of America – booklet of lessons celebrating states across the country
- L is for Lincoln Lessons – lessons to accompany the book L is for Lincoln: An Illinois Alphabet by Kathy-Jo Wargin
- Illinois History Timeline – key events in the agricultural history of Illinois