We offer field trip grants of up to $4 per student for K-12 classrooms in DeKalb County (DeKalb ROE). The grants are intended to help fund transportation for agricultural field trips complementing food or farm-related units of study. Grants awarded each year will depend on availability of funds.
Funding is granted on a first-come, first-served basis and is limited to one trip per classroom, per school year. Teachers will be notified regarding funding as soon as possible. A completed final report will be due to DeKalb County Farm Bureau within three weeks after unit culmination.
- The field trip location must be a modern working farm or agribusiness.
- Students must be learning about modern farm and agricultural practices. (This grant is not intended to fund trips to historical farms or museums unless paired with a visit to a modern farm or agribusiness.)
- The field trip must be a component of a unit of study that focuses on or significantly incorporates agriculture concepts.
- Grant funds may be used for transportation expenses only.
- A grant check will be issued upon receipt of the completed FINAL REPORT FORM.
To apply, please complete the form below.
Farm Field Trip Transportation Grant Application